View Single Post
March 8th, 2013, 06:16 PM
AkA Stacie
Hi Ladies. My name is Stacie. I've been reading, but not really posting on JM since 2010. JM is always my trusted site to come too whenever I need advice.

Here's my story:

I got a BFP on February 18th. Completely shocking. We weren't trying at all, even using protection except for that 1 night, which is where and how our story begins :-) I always kind of felt like this pregnancy was different. I have a 17mo daughter, and thus far the pregnancies are 110% different. From that first BFP on the 18th i'd had a little bit of brown spotting, along with a speck or 2 of pink/red. Never much to concern me. I started getting a little bit of morning sickness (nothing like my first pregnancy), but thought to be on the safe side with a 17mo old running around i'd go see my OB about getting Zofran again. At my apt I mentioned the spotting, additional cramping, and back pain. My OB thought best to do an transvaginal ultrasound (I was 6w6d). Immediately the sac was found but an empty sac...no yolk, nothing. We did my HCG level which on Thursday came back at 22,737(right on target for 6w6d). Great for a healthy pregnancy, not great because he should have seen more then just the gestational sac (I saw my DD on ultrasound at 6w4d, heartbeat and all). He immediately sent me for another ultrasound at an actual imaging location this morning. The tech completed both outside and transvaginal ultrasound, and both turned up empty (today I am 7w0d). My gestational sac is measuring at 13mm, and had what the doctor called "debris" floating around. Both the ultrasound tech and doctor at the imaging office said "It's not looking good." Both pretty much calling it, a blighted ovum. My actual OB wants to check my HCG level one more time to make sure, before we proceed with our options. I know I am exact on my dates, aside from the 1 night of unprotected sex, but also because I was out of town (without my hubs) from a few days after ovulation till I got my BFP.

So I guess my question is, do you think there is any chance both ultrasounds could be wrong?

I've never miscarried before, so i'm not sure what to expect. The nurse at my OB's office said that he'll discuss the options (mentioning a natural miscarriage and a d&c).

My heart, and my mind are saying this is over...especially after seeing what I've seen today. Most of my pg symptoms are gone, morning sickness is subsiding, cravings going away, etc. It's kind of surreal.

Any advice/thoughts are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Stacie