Topic: Mr. Mom
View Single Post
March 8th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is very helpful and hands-on with the baby. Unfortunately, during the week he is gone the majority of the time so he might see her for an hour a day, if that. So Mon-Fri I am pretty much on my own with 3 kids. He does do middle of the night feedings that happen from 2-6 am even during the week (since he is lucky and can fall right back to sleep). He also lets me sleep in on the weekends, since Avonlea is still up so many times a night, I'm only getting around 4-5 hours of sleep a night during the week (during his 2-6 am shift).

On the weekends I am typically very busy shuttling my oldest to activities, parties etc. & I work on Saturdays, so DH is on baby duty for at least 1/2 of the time on the weekend. He usually takes all 3 girls shopping at 2 different supermarkets! I don't even like to do that!

He also washes all of the bottles & pump parts daily. Plus he cooks a couple of big meals with leftovers every week so the girls and I have dinner taken care of several nights a week. On the weekend he does the laundry. He doesn't do any cleaning, but he is so helpful in the other ways, I don't care about that! He's a very involved father and I'm very glad my girls get to see his example of what a Dad/husband should be like. He's not perfect though...he has a short fuse and is way less patient than I am. I think most people are way less patient than I am though.