View Single Post
March 9th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think that's great. And you are right. It's natural and our bodies know what to do. I planned a NCB with all my kids, but unfortunately for me I couldn't keep it together in the end with 2 of them. Hospitals are so pushy with the epidural and when it's the worst pain of your life (which for me is ONLY transition, so I know I have it lucky) I caved. But with my youngest it was in the birth center so there was nothing to cave to I would want a doula if I had another hospital birth, I think.

How are you eating? No, not normal to feel horrible and lightheaded. Sorry your midwife wasn't any help Mine are always really helpful, but I had "nurse midwives" in my first two pregnancies and they were more like mini OBs and not nearly as helpful.

I wish there was something else you could do to make money right now I do a lot from home (editing work, blogging, etc). Fiverr is a great way to make some money. But it's hard to make consistent money like you do with a regular job. Maybe like you said you can get assistance while not working. You could always have that baby shower to get the rest of what you need, too!

I did get some writing done Go me, right? My daughter has competition tomorrow early in the morning so I probably won't write again until Sunday night, but I'm glad I got some done! Maybe I can do 2 scenes at a time at night and then do the time consuming fleshing out during the day. I usually try to do it all at once but then i get less actual writing done. The writing is the part I can't be interrupted for, so I could do the other parts during the day. I REALLY need to finish this. Readers keep asking me when the next book will be out.

My husband will be there and maybe a friend, but we'll see. I need someone who is going to be my support while in labor. Not sure my husband is capable of that. He sorta just sits there and holds my hand the whole time. I am going to write up some notes.

Do you have any plans for the weekend?