Topic: Weekend plans
View Single Post
March 9th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's SUCH a beautiful day today...Today's weather gives me hope that winter won't last forever and that spring will be springing soon...

DH and I spent a good portion of the day putting up the birch tree decal we got for the baby's room - It'll look like this when it's finished...

We managed to get the trunks up today, but not the branches, leaves, or birds. That'll get finished tomorrow.

Saturday night we have family dinner with my dad and step mum, and my brother and his wife. Then afterwards we play board games. I offered to make dinner tonight, and my lasagna and garlic bread were requested. That requires hours and hours of prep since I make the noodles and the french bread from scratch, and I had to stop at the store to pick up some fresh ricotta.

While I was out at the store I decided to stop by a gaming/comic book store to pick up an expansion set to one of the board games we've been playing (Settlers of Catan - SO much fun). A guy friend of mine recommended the store, I'd never been there before. When I walked in, there was some kind of card game going on and there were a dozen stereotypically geeky guys all crowded around the store playing and looking at comics. In unison they all turned their heads towards me and a hush fell over the crowd. I'm guessing they don't get too many women in there. It was too funny. And flattering, considering my very pregnant state.

Anyhoo. That's my weekend. I've got the lasagnas in the oven and I'm resting until they're done. My back is KILLING me!