View Single Post
March 9th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2many2010 View Post
Yep, and he is perfectly fine.

Was the scan a high resolution one? It doesn't look like it from the pic's but I could be wrong.

They do a test here (I can not remember what it is called) and he showed a high risk, so we did an ultrasound, and it was inconclusive. They were seeing the pockets, and such but it was 'iffy'. After that we did the high resolution where things looked 'okay', but they really couldn't say for sure. The only other option was an amnio and it wasn't worth the risk because it wouldn't have changed the outcome.

I've also had two friends that were told there babies would be downs babies (no amnio's) and both of those babies are now healthy normal adult/teens.
I'm not sure if was high resolution.. I am going to ask for the level 2 anatomy scan in a few weeks. I'm not beleivinf this scan until a few other tests are done if possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~mommy~ View Post
I had a red flag, early testing with dc4 (ds3) He was elevated risk for spina bifida. At their suggestion and with dhs encouragement they did further testing. Genetic counseling, a more involved ultrasound and finally an amnio. That extra testing thankfully revealed that he was ok. I was alone when I found out the initial results and spent weeks worrying. I spent a bunch of time online searching and....
Hopefully the same will be true for you in that you will have had needless worry and that dc will be born healthy.

ps with the 2 that followed I opted not to have early testing done.
I'm going to ask for the level 2 scan in a few weeks. I do not want the amnio if possible. I never had this with the others cus I was younger. I'm 35 now

Quote:
I had a red flag, early testing with dc4 (ds3) He was elevated risk for spina bifida. At their suggestion and with dhs encouragement they did further testing. Genetic counseling, a more involved ultrasound and finally an amnio. That extra testing thankfully revealed that he was ok. I was alone when I found out the initial results and spent weeks worrying. I spent a bunch of time online searching and....
Hopefully the same will be true for you in that you will have had needless worry and that dc will be born healthy.

I'm going to ask for the level 2 scan in a few weeks. I do not want the amnio if possible. I never had this with the others cus I was younger. I'm 35 now

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIL2lissy8 View Post
ps: after looking at those pictures, i'd say girl......i am not an expert by any means but the heart rate is 143 (girl) and that picture of the legs did not have anything floating in the middle of them.
Even at 12 w 4 d is it possible to see anything between the legs?? I hope girl !!!
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013