View Single Post
March 10th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Regular
Beautiful baby!

It really really frustrates me how some hospitals treat births and birthing mothers. I am so fortunate that I had the freedom to move around during my labor. I can't imagine being stuck in the bed! ugh women have been birthing babies for eons and eons. I think more hospitals should allow women to listen to their bodies.

Beautiful pictures too! I really wish I would have had my sister (who is my best friend) in the L&D room with me. I also wish I would have had Olivia's birth filmed so I could watch it later. The asked if I wanted a mirror to watch but I said no, I think watching it would have scared me at the time. I guess I will just have to have another so I can make sure I do the things I wanted. (especially after knowing what to expect now.)

Awesome for you for not doing an epi. I went in with a plan of a natural birth with no pain killers, but by the 14th hour of back labor I just couldn't take it anymore, I was so exhausted and already awake for almost 48 hours. I decided to get the epi and I am glad I did. Olivia wasn't born for another 5 hours and 3 of them were pushing.

I was so worried the epi would take away the experience, I still wanted to feel myself birthing her, and I did. I knew when I was having a contraction and was very happy. I am so happy for you and your beautiful family and proud that you were strong enough to go through with what you and your husband decided was best. You are very strong!