View Single Post
March 10th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Veteran
Wow. I'm sorry, but your family has a horrible attitude about special needs kids! It may be, if your child does end up having Downs, that you'll have to cut off contact with them or something. It would be horrible for your baby to grow up with that attitude and possible nasty comments constantly being thrown at him or her!

On a side note, my step-mom was told with her last two pregnancies that something was wrong. With one, she was told there was no heartbeat and they urged her to abort asap. She waited and at the next visit, there was the heartbeat!
With her last pregnancy the doctors pulled a similar stunt and told her that the baby was going to have growth issues...maybe even end up as a "small person" (or whatever the politically correct name is). He ended up being the tallest 2-year-old I've ever seen and has grown well ever since!
It seems to me that, more often than not, the doctors/scans are wrong with their tests. Of course, it's good to be prepared if you have a suspicion, but I can't help but think the medical community worries mothers for no reason.