Topic: Circumcision
View Single Post
March 10th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
The biggest argument I have heard is that if a grown man wants to, the procedure is far worse than when they are an infant. I have known of a few grown men who have had it done and were out of commission for a good while.

The other argument is so that they look like their other family members. This was the reason I got talked in to it in the first place, and then when I had my second I knew better and said no, but then the issue was about having 2 circed guys and one not. I didn't think it would be an issue... my husband did, and so we ended up having it done. And now, I can say that I do think it would have been an issue between siblings as my boys are both in that phase where they like being naked... I do think it could become a touchy subject. I don't think it would be an issue between a dad and a child though.

If you end up considering doing it, I would recommend watching videos of the process. My brother is a nurse and watched a bunch done while in nursing school and said the babies didn't seem bothered whatsoever, but my husband saw Sam's done and he is traumatized from it as it went very badly. We both decided if #3 was another boy he would NOT be circed. Just be informed.