View Single Post
March 11th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Your kids are about the same ages as some of my kids, and we are due only a few days apart! My students are K, 3rd, 5th, 7th, two high schoolers, plus the 2yo who wants to "do school". Things helping me right now... I write a to-do list every night to keep myself focused. We do not have a "schedule" but we do have a routine. We are doing formal study of only the core subjects. I go to bed pretty much right after the kids do so I can get 8+ hours. And, I'm making sure I'm eating well and regularly and getting some exercise every day.

Also, prioritize tasks and projects. I know I am starting to feel like I need to get EVERYTHING done because baby will be coming, but the reality is that three months is a long time. If your goal is to get a certain amount of school work done by the end of a traditional school year, then that will have to be your primary focus. Other "before baby" projects can wait until later. (Even though those are more fun!)

Good luck!!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!