Topic: No No Items
View Single Post
March 12th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am speaking from my idyllic headspace, I'd like to avoid Bebe's exposure to most processed and fast foods, as well as pop, and unnecessary sweets.

I also am pretty strict about what they would listen to and watch (music, radio, and tv/movies) I would like to avoid screens as much as possible until the age of 2, but I think it's safe to say that's a goal and not a rule. Otherwise I think there is a lot of garbage that kids are exposed to through media etc and I'd like to avoid that.

I'm also on the fence about toy guns.... I think I'm at a place where I've decided that I won't be buying any for him, but if he chews his sandwich into the shape of one on his own, then so be it.... DH is an army reservist with 2 tours in Afghanistan under his belt, and carries a gun at his current job, we also have guns in our home, that he'll handle at some point (age appropriately of course) so I have had to make some changes to my attitude on that one. Although it's not something I'm 100% comfortable with, we'll make it work