Topic: On the edge
View Single Post
March 12th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I will be 21 yrs in one month my boyfriend of only a couple months will be 23 in Augustt.
I just found out I am about 4-5 weeks pregnant. I always said if I was to become pregnant I would have an abortion but for the last week since finding out u have a hard time even thinking of that option. My boyfriend is very supportive which eve way I decide. But he has just told me that he wants to keep it & be thinks it will be a good thing for both of us. I have two major reasons for thinking of aborting 1 is because I am terrified of telling my parents who live 4 provinces away from me. The only reason I am afraid is because if how disappointed they will be. 2 the other reason being that I have 10,000$ of student loans to pay back.
I have a good job. I work in a hospital bringing in fairly good money for my age. I do not party or waste my money. I have had my own apartment paying my own bills by myself for almost 3 years now.
I know raising a baby costs a lot of money & my boyfriend makes 35000-45000 within his 6 months working & collects unemployment on the off season.
One of my best friends had an abortion & she said its not as hard as I think it would be after (with regret & depression becaus I have a history of anxiety & depression) my other best friend has a 1 year old & getsbalong just fine using social assistance. So I see both sides but I still can't come to a decision & the person I would normally go to for big advice is my mom& I a too afraid t disappoint her & I think she will want me to have an abortion but I want be able to make my own decision before telling her

Any words of advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time