View Single Post
March 13th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Super Mommy
So yesterday I went in for my NST (doing them weekly because lazy baby fails all the kick counts and my BP has been high) and they could not get a strip on the baby. The Medical Assistant keep telling me "I just can't find him" What?? There is a huge baby in my belly, how can you not find him??? I almost had a heart attack!!! My BP was also high so they sent me to the hospital. I was so nervous, but luckily baby boy kicked me on the way there, just to let me know he was still ok in there!! I really needed that to calm down. So as soon as they hooked me up to the monitor in L&D, there was his little heart beat and they got a great strip on him. Who knows what the problem was in the office??? The equipment, the medical assistant?? So they monitored him for awhile and took BPs on me. Well after 15 minutes, I fell asleep. I think I was so relieved that he was ok, I felt like a deflated balloon and off to sleep I went. Well an hour later the doctor came in and woke me up and said baby looked great and my BP went from 150/92 to 122/74 while I was resting. She thinks I might be overdoing it with work and when I told her the other doctor told me to exercise, she laughed. She said at this point exercise would help minimally and with being on my feet all day there was no need to walk in the evening (thank goodness since I had no plans to anyway!!) She also said I had two contractions while I was asleep and told me to stay hydrated. As far as work goes, she told me to try and rest more and come to see her next week. She said if my BP is still up then we really have to have a talk about stopping work or working limited hours. (by the way my bloodwork and 24 hour urine from last week were normal, so its not pre-e) Until then, no restrictions. I would love to keep working, but have this fantasy of a 5 or 6 hour day and then some free family time when I am not exhausted. Plus I think it would be better for both me and baby for me to work a little less. So the appointment started out stressful, but ended well. Thank goodness!! I got a preview of L&D and all the nurses were so super nice to me!! What a relief, makes me feel better about delivering there now that I had a good experience.

Last edited by plastikmom; March 13th, 2013 at 05:25 AM.