View Single Post
March 13th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Super Mommy
First off, I'm sorry you are in this situation, and I feel for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nknk View Post
Hi there,

I am new to this site as I am currently 3 weeks pregnant and this is the second time I am pregnant in a year. I had an abortion in September 2012. I am so annoyed that this has happened to me AGAIN.
I am to blame though. I have not been using birth control, only condoms. The time I think I conceived was when we didn't use protection and 'pulled out'. The last time i was pregnant I fell pregnant whilst using a condom. I have a NUVO ring in my house but haven't used it as I don't like using birth control unless I'm in a committed relationship.
Can I ask why? Seems to me it should be the other way around unless I'm missing something... Why would you not use protection in casual relationships where you no you don't want a family with that person? Seems like not using contraceptive would be better in a committed relationship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nknk View Post
Thanks for the supportive answer. I wish you the best of luck! I probably would have the baby if I had more money and a supportive partner. I don't really agree on bringing children into unstable homes. It's stressful and not fair. But I also don't feel that scared of bringing up the baby either. Adoption is not something I'd want to do unless they pay for the baby, I'm sorry but giving up nine months of my time to then hand my baby over is not sNHS covers medical bills.

I couldn't go that amont of time and hand over my baby. I know I couldn't. I'm not an invalid. I have a life. I just don't know what to do
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you don't know much about adoption, but paying for a baby is not only extremely unethical, it's illegal. However most agencies will have the adoptive parents pay for the medical bills, but that in itself is not a reason to choose adoption.

I hope you find some peace in all of this, and I really hope this doesn't happen again. I don't have a problem with abortion, but it seems like you are heading down the road of using it as contraceptive since you don't seem to like to use protection. I wish you all the best.

You think the only people who are people, are the people who look and think like you, but if you walk the footsteps of stranger, you'll learn things you knew... you never knew.

Last edited by MindyRambo; March 13th, 2013 at 07:29 AM.