View Single Post
March 14th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandiwine3 View Post
I can't begin to imagine how frustrated you are! And, although, I have no experience with Pylocose, I would tell you after your research, follow your motherly intuition. All of what you've detailed above sounds logical...if Bailey is having a malabsorption or metabolic issue (s), supplementing with this could potentially heighten the situation and cause irreversible damage to your baby girl. I think I would INSIST on speaking with the practice manager and or facility administrator. That doctor is accountable to someone - make your voice heard. I've found 1 of two things to happen when being proactive in this kind of situation. 1) The matter is addressed with the physician and he/she steps back to reconsider/review case details with a favorable prognosis or 2) Addressing the physician aggravates the situation as he/she feels that you/fmly are challenging or questioning his credentials and backs away from farther tx. Either way, you have to advocate for your child, which it sounds thus far like you are doing a fantastic job of. Is there another physician in the practice that you can see? You are a very confident, intelligent and nurturing mother - do not go away quietly. You will find the answers you're looking for...keep pushing ahead.
I totally agree with ALL of this. My gut would tell me that you are right and you should not be supplementing with this, especially considering he did not listen to or address any of your concerns. It honestly sounds like a case of a doctor who has seen many patients and has gotten far too absorbed in doing things by the book rather than identifying a unique path for each child. I would definitely raise your concerns with people above him and/or push on with a different doctor. I wouldn't hesitate to tell him personally that you are disappointed with his recommendation and you are uncomfortable with supplementing with the Pylocose. I would think he doesn't have a choice but to introduce a new option for you. Hugs girl, I know this must be so hard.