View Single Post
March 15th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's been awhile since I've posted anything.

My son, Nathan, left his gifted class, but for good reason: we moved! We've been wanting to move for several years and things aligned for it to happen! There is no gifted program at the new school, but the teachers work to ensure the kids are challenged. Plus the school's overall scores are so much higher than the old district that I'm pretty certain the work is more difficult to begin with. This is only his 2nd week at the new school and the teacher did a bunch of tests to determine his abilities and starting next week she will have him work out of the 4th grade math book (he's in 2nd grade). So that's great. For now she's keeping him in her top reading group so that he stays "with" the class more often. She was impressed that he completed (well at least the written portion) of a book report that they other kids had all quarter to work on. She told us he didn't have to do it and we opted to skip the creative portion (book jacket, bookmark, mobil, etc) because our crafty type stuff is still packed away!

So life is a mess right now with painters, floors being redone/changed, etc!