View Single Post
March 15th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It was actually a couple of people: My doctor and a baby nurse.

My doctor seemed to turn into a complete a-hole that day. He was really busy and had lot's of patients in labor plus he did, like, 4 c-sections so, I get that he was stressed. BUT, he let it get the best of him and I'm sorry, but, I don't want to be treated like I'm number on a list. KWIM?

Cruz was born with these little blistery pustules all over him. We didn't know what it was ( I have it written down now) and when they took him to the warmer to weigh and do his vital signs, 3 feet away, I kept hearing the nurse say things like, "wear gloves, I don't know what it is, I've never seen anything like this before..etc" Now, having worked in the medical field for 20 years, obviously, you wear gloves and those things are going to be said but for crying out loud, have some ******* tact. You don't say stuff like that within earshot of a new mom about her brand new baby! I started crying and I had these images in my head of skin sloughing off my baby and thought that I would have to change bandages on him for the rest of his life. I didn't know what was going on. Turns out, after a seasoned nurse saw him and then a pediatrician, that what he had was completely normal. He just had a lot of it and everything was gone within a couple of days. The pediatrician told me he would be VERY peely, more than normal, but it really wasn't bad at all. Anyway, I wanted to punch both the doctor and nurse in the face.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!