View Single Post
March 15th, 2013, 11:25 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
This probably has been asked before, but I didn't see it in the first 4 pages of going backwards so...

What is your go-to book for when you just need to lose yourself in a story?

Mine is: Knight of a Trillion Stars by Dara Joy.

Dara Joy has, I believe, one of the best imaginations and skill at writing out there today. She blows most of her genre's authors out of the water.

Knight of a Trillion Stars, Mine to Take, Rejar, High Energy, High Intensity...all are fantastic books, though KoaTS is my go-to.

I literally can read that book from cover to cover, then open it up to page one...and start again.

If that's not high praise for a book, I don't know what is.

(She does sci-fi/fantasy/romance for the most part)

In HE and HI the characters..are ridiculous yet awesome. There's Hambone, the one-eyed overweight cat. Artie (I think I'm remembering the name right) who is an ex-mathmetician. He was studying imaginary numbers and....it got to him. So now he thinks he's a cook on a pirate ship and the physicist he works for gamely goes along with this.

The physicist is off-beat enough to appreciate the weirder things in life.

The heroine is somewhat flaky, guillable, and temperamental enough to be highly amusing.

In Knight of a Trillion Stars, one of my favorite parts is where the heroine is scratching this huge cat behind its ear, and the hero comes in and is all "DO NOT SCRATCH BEHIND HIS LEFT EAR!" and because she's in an alien environment she's all O_O "OMG, is it poisonous? Am I going to die?" and when he replies "He likes it too much!" She's "You....jerk!" and kicks him in the shins.

HAHA.