View Single Post
March 16th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It seems to me that it's more likely that some of have more gassy babies [raises hand] and some less. But to some extent all babies are going to have trouble since pretty much all of their innards are still developing, and in the intestines in a very complex microbial and enzymatic world. The theory on specific foods being more irritating also seemed to me to conflict with the idea that their are cultures where the food base historically consists of those things we're supposed to avoid. (Say spicy foods or garlic.)

That being said, I am on a dairy-free diet now but that was for more than just gas -- I couldn't really deny the blood in her stool, which could signal a dairy intolerance (though not necessarily allergy). She's still gassy (and in this family, there was little chance she wouldn't be) but the blood in the stool has not reappeared, so I will keep up the dairy free for a while before re-introducing.

Edit: I wanted to add that as a FTM, I clearly don't have any extensive experience with this. I just have a very gassy baby and that is pretty much perpetual, no matter what I'm eating or not eating.

Last edited by mistletoe; March 16th, 2013 at 08:11 AM.