View Single Post
March 17th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
I tried EC with my first. I think it's such a considerate thing to do, but it didn't work out for us. I hear EC baby's potty learn younger, but most EC babies I know are 2 and still not potty learned, so I don't know. I feel like with my kids' personalities it would have been more like me getting trained, which would have left them relying on me longer to take care of their potty needs instead of them being in charge of it. That said, I know other kids are different and so I bet it works great for some kids. I admire the mamas who do EC and keep up with it! I think it's amazing.
Well the one I ECd from 6 months had weeks of no catches at some point and potty learned by 18 months. The one I ECd from 7 weeks and almost always had some catches every day is still some ways away from potty learning, go figure .

The main benefit I think with both girls that I never had to introduce the potty or what it was for. We never read books or watched movies and with my first there were never potty bribes. Pottying has been a part of their lives for as long as they can remember. I have heard that some EC kiddos do go on a potty strike, we never had that thankfully.

A friend of mine also ECd her boy and I think that right now he refuses to sit on the potty. She did on the other hand have months and months of not needing to clean a poopy diaper because little guy figured it was much nicer to poop the potty than a diaper. I think that if the mom has the energy and patience to do it that there are plenty of benefits, whether it leads to early potty learning or not.

And btw, my daughter who potty learned at 18 months didnt start speaking until past 2 yrs. We used baby signing so she'd just sign me when she needed to. Made it bit complex when she was just pointing out toilets to me (something she had an amazing talent for).

Hvor er toalettet?
Skal vi danse?
Gratulerer med fødselsdagen
Luftputefartøyet mitt er fullt av ål
Ett språk er aldri nok