View Single Post
March 17th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Veteran
i am far from a doctor so i will simply tell u my experience... My DS who is know 14 months was born at 32 weeks. At 26 weeks i had an ultrasound and was told that my son was IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction). Basically what this means is that compared to the norm my DS fell in less then the 10th percentile. He is a very healthy little boy now so if that is where u end up dont dispair... This pregnancy they are following me very closely. I have ultrasounds every 2 weeks to check the growth etc... At 20 weeks my little one`s head size measures less that 5th percentile so that got me worried but my OB assured me at this point the baby is still to small to determine what the actual size will be... She explained to me that until baby is btw 24-28 wks they wont get an accurate weight of the baby so not to look at every number on the Ultrasound cause at ths point it isnt telling much. Infact similar to you the other measurement were btw 15-25th percentile and she was happy with the readings... Its easy for me to say dont worry, but until your doctor raises a red flag id try not to worry too much....