View Single Post
March 17th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Hiya!
I know lots of folks who had placenta previa and had it move out of the way. It seems more common for it to move than stay put, it seems. Hopefully that will be true for you!

I do want to let you know, in case it has not come up with your doctor, that often women who are on lovenox are induced at 39 weeks to control the medication administration and lessen the potential for problems caused by taking the anti-coagulants (which can include earlier than expected placenta aging). It's not a hard and fast rule, it is, however, something you don't want to be blindsided by if your doc has never mentioned it at all. It's something to plan around and make sure your wishes are known ahead of time. It's obviously still possible to have a natural birth without pain medications even if induction is part of your plan.

I wasn't sure if this was your first lovenox pregnancy, which is why I mentioned it. I was not aware of it until about 25 weeks into my last pregnancy, when we (me and the doc/midwife) started discussing birth plans.