View Single Post
March 18th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Got up bright and early this morning to head to the hospital for my u/s. My mom met me there (she was already there working, so she just took the elevator up a floor from her office and came). We had invited her weeks ago (she only ever had one u/s and it was after a loss and a major hemmorage, so it certainly wasn't fun, they didn't do them then for healthy babies) and she was really excited to be there. Little Lena wasn't cooperating very well, facing away, so it wasn't until the end that we got profile shots. I had been planning on asking the tech if there was a 3D button she could hit and if she would be able to do that for me, but before I could say a word, she hit it and we got to see her face! She looks EXACTLY like DD looked as a newborn. It's uncanny. We also got to see her moving in 4D, yawning and rubbing her eyes. I really wish DH could have seen it. And, the best part is, the choreoplexis cyst they had seen on her brain last time was completely gone (as expected, DD had 2 bigger ones, so we knew the drill and that they would probably go away). So everything looks great, she measured perfectly, and weighs 2 lbs, 6 oz. Based on the u/s, the tech said she didn't see any reason to be concerned about GD, but I am still really concerned about my glucose test on the 29th b/c of last time around. One thing at a time tho. I am just super glad that everything looked so good today. It was amazing to see my little girl's face and my mom was just thrilled. I already texted DD a pic that I took from my phone of one of the print outs, so I'm just waiting for him to come home to see the rest. I would post them here to show you ladies, but they are all prints and no digitals. And to be honest, I actually have no idea how to post pics, which is why I have never posted one.