View Single Post
March 18th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:fearless:. View Post
Not to be all up in your "business", lol, but those seats don't fit small babies well. And well, with twins...you can probably anticipate small'er" babies. The weight on them doesn't even start until 5lbs and usually 4lbs is the weight (if all else is well) they are released at. Just a thought Even the lowest harness height is half an inch more than other seats that are designed for small"er" babies. That means, the harness could very well not fit them correctly, and be above their itty bitty shoulders instead of at or below. Sorry if I stepped on toes, but I did want to just throw this bit of info out since there is SO many choices
thanks for letting me know! i'll definitely look into this. for some reason i was under the impression they were BETTER for smaller babies (i read a lot of reviews saying that babies grow out of them much sooner than other infant car seats).

the good news is we're planning a home birth, so if all goes as planned they possibly won't even be using their car seats until several weeks after birth. also, our babies are growing at an astounding rate--they are in the 93rd percentile in size (not compared to other twins, compared to singleton babies!), so i'm pretty confident that they'll make it to term and be at LEAST 6 lbs each! gosh, if they keep growing at this rate does it mean they'll be 8 or 9 lbs each?!

we obviously won't be able to have a home birth if i go into labor before 37 weeks and/or if they're measuring small.......so, we'll see what happens, but so far so good!