Topic: Vent...o/t
View Single Post
March 19th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, as my name implies and as I've stated, I'm the proud wife of an amazing commercial fisherman. We've been going through fishing trips together for the last 4 years. DH has been doing tree work since September when season for him ended last year. He expected to go out for winter season but that was a bust due to his uncle retiring from the boat. We didn't think he had much of a career left except summer season until we got the phone call, voicemail and text lastnight. DH returned his captain's call today. He leaves this weekend for Herring season in Gloster/New Benford/Maine area. He usually docks out of Wildwood, Nj. This is our first year together that he'll be fishing for herring season. I'm willing to bet money that a lot of you don't know that Gloster is the port where the based on real life movie "The Perfect Storm" came out of. Although it's not October, I'm still scared. Then again, no matter where he docks or fishes, I'm filled with anxiety. He promised he'd be here for this baby's birth and I'm petrified I'm going to have another (and my last) c-section alone like last time. This will also be the first year they're "unsupervised" as I call it. See, they have been fishing together with the same boat and basically the same crew for the last 13 years. It's a family owned business and the crew takes fishing seriously. It's their livelihood. The "older crew" has pretty much all retired, DH's uncle was the last "old crew" member on the boat, leaving them "unsupervised." Yes, the crew is all in their late 20s, early 30s but ...to me they're still young. I keep trying to remind myself that they've been on the water for the last 13 years which equals about 26 years sea time but it's not helping my anxiety any. Any positive thoughts or prayers would be appreciated as my family goes through this transitional period. Of corse, this probably means I won't be on as much, since I'll be the only parent in the house. I've been pretty occupied with this situation which is why I didn't update the belly pic. I'll be doing it soon though. I appreciate being able to vent here because it's helping me not be a blubbering mess in front of DH who doesn't really want to leave in the first place. We both know it's part of the job and we can't argue that we could really use the money, but we still don't like leaving each other. I'm going to miss him so much and the hormones make it so much worse this time around

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"