View Single Post
March 19th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think that kids using make up in pretend play is fine. Makeup is a part of adult life that our kids will see, and I think it's normal to want to play at using it, just like they may want to play at being a princess or a dog or a firefighter. I don't think I would introduce it to them, but when they ask, I will let them use children's make up when they play dress up. Like most of you, I think that before they can wear make up on a daily basis, they need to be mature enough to understand a healthy basis for self respect and self worth and be responsible enough to care for their skin and their belongings properly.

I think there are a lot of ways that we let kids grow up too fast now (cell phones and technology overload are a couple of the ones that really bug me), and I honestly don't see a reason why a child would need to wear more than lip gloss before high school. But unfortunately we have to live in the world so I try to keep a bit of an open mind until we get to the point of making that decision.