Topic: Were you
View Single Post
March 19th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Veteran
Early, late, or on time? I was about a week late, give or take a few days I believe. My mom said I was waiting for snow, and lo and behold the day after they got a huge snowstorm she went in to labor.

Born natural, c/s, or with drugs? All I know is that I wasn't born via c-setion.

Formula fed or breastfed? I was BF the first few days, and then my jaundice got really bad so I had to be put under the lights for a while. She did say that she pumped then, but I don't know for how long.

Disposable or cloth diapered? She had a CD service that would deliver the clean diapers and then pick up the soiled ones. When I was around 6 months my parents moved to a town that didn't have a CD service...I'm not sure what she used then.

Has your mother's choices influenced yours? I wouldn't really say her choices influenced mine, but they did help somewhat. I know from my nutrition classes the benefits of BFing, not to mention the amount we will save from not having to buy formula. I do like the idea of CDing, but i hate doing laundry as it is, and we don't have a washer and dryer at our apartment so that would be too much of a hassle. I also want to try to have a med free birth, but that is mostly due to my fear of needles, but I also don't like the results of the research i've done on epidurals...but who's to say when the time comes I won't cave and get one.

Make a pregnancy ticker