March 19th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
Early, late, or on time?
Born natural, c/s, or with drugs?
Formula fed or breastfed?
Disposable or cloth diapered?

Has your mother's choices influenced yours?
I was born on my due date.
Born naturally (she never used drugs or epis)
Breastfed
Disposable diapered.

Yes because altho my mom wasnt perfect she and my aunt pretty much both instilled in me that drugs and epis are more trouble than what they are worth and that women have been delivering naturally for millenia and that we are the only country thats so epi and drug happy during childbirth. They also pretty much instilled in me that epis are only for C/S. Also breastfeeding was the only way to go...better for the baby and you. (This led me to have tremendous guilt when lo and behold i had nipple issues like my gran which in turn caused supply issues which my gran also had supply issues....It still torments me when someone rubs being able to EBF in my face)

I chose to use disposable diapers initially cuz A. It was all I knew B. My stomach churns at the idea of having to do anything more with poo than simply chucking the diaper in the garbage(my brand doesnt say you should flush the poo) and C. My grans who had to cloth diaper both told me what a pain it was and both suggested to only use cloth if there was a stubborn rash that you couldnt clear up using powder and ointment.