View Single Post
March 20th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Rochelle
I don't currently have my own FB but I used to. I do log on as my mom to check in with family and three of my closest friends (basically to look at pictures they are too lazy to email, lol) but other than that I don't want anything to do with it. There are lots of reasons, the main being privacy in general but the #1 thing that annoys me about FB is..

The one upping! I can't stand when people are on a mission to prove their live is better than others. "husband brought me home flowers tonight for no reason" Daawwwwwwww "Going to the mall to get a new outfit" Posting what you're eating every.single.meal.of.the.day.. I will say that to post a brag every so often is perfectly fine, I'm happy for them but if someone is coming up with several instances a week of how wonderfully fabulous they have it then one might want to consider that at some point it's less about optimism/gratefulness and more about flaunting/showmanship. If your life is sooo great, then you wouldn't feel the need to brag about it at every opportunity.

The vaguebooking also irritates me to no end bc they are clearly fishing for attention.

Posting about God and then a few posts down is a VERY explicative post...

I could literally make a list of 101 ways I can't stand FB so I'll end it here. I think social networking was a nice idea that originally was fine and now has been taken too far.

Last edited by 4hearts; March 20th, 2013 at 08:30 AM.