View Single Post
March 20th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
our Bernie is 14 yrs old, he is a Boston Terrier...he has cataracts, can't hear at all, has seizures which he takes meds for but they are starting to happen more often. he also has been peeing in the house a lot lately which is something he never did! so I know his bladder function is going too. His liver functions are way off the vet keeps telling us we should get him a doggie ultrasound to look at his liver but he is 14 yrs old???? what are we gonna do give him a liver transplant? I think not LOL. It's like we are running a doggie nursing home over here :/...but at the same time he still gets around and eats and is generally not in any pain. I don't know, I feel like when it's "time" we will know, I don't want him to suffer. I have this hope that he will just fall asleep one day and that will be it, no suffering, no decisions, it would just make it so much easier on everyone. My DH is extremely attached to him, I think he might have some kinda breakdown when it happens and I also think he will be the one to resist making any decision. ugh ugh ugh...dogs are great but this part isn't! ok enough of my dog woes LOL