Topic: Happy Spring!
View Single Post
March 20th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are getting our garden ready. My daughter and I plowed the other day. Now need to add compost and till it all together. We have a tomato plant and some peppers growing in planters now. We started seeds the other day, squash, pickling cucumbers and some flowers. It's a huge area so maybe we will try melons too. Maybe some herbs. I'd really like to finish the remodel on one of the bedrooms... We are also getting ready to host an exchange student, so preparing for that. We are supposed to get married in May. So, I guess I'm supposed to be planning that. I'd rather have a hot stick in the eye. The courthouse is looking like a fine venue!
We just got 6 replacement hens and a new lamb so that's keeping the kids busy in the evenings. I am sure I'm forgetting stuff I'll add later. My phone is bring dumb right now, so I will hit post and shut it down.. HAPPY SPRING!

Things I forgot:
1. My 13 year old is starting this season of swim today! I'm very excited about that. She's a fantastic swimmer and has potential to get a swim scholarship. My 15 year old swims too, but isn't fantastic at it. She excels at other things.
2. We are also preparing our turkey pen for this years show birds. We are putting in automatic waterers and a new door. We are trying to figure out solar lighting for them too, as there is no electricity in that barn.
3. Our ongoing project is still ongoing... The outdoor kitchen. Last year we got running water out there. Now, our main focus there will be a sink and lights. It's so beautiful in mid summer. Lots of flowers, plants and butterflies. It overlooks our "redneck swimming pool" (the pond). Lol.

Last edited by Redneck_Mommy; March 20th, 2013 at 01:32 PM.