View Single Post
March 21st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was 14. It was a christmas gift, and my parents paid for it most of the time but as I recall I also bought some of the prepaid minutes.... I think it was a huge waste! I had nobody to call, and I rarely went out until I had my drivers licence, so why would I have needed a cell phone.

Once I had my licence texting became the newest big thing and by the time I was 15 or 16 EVERYONE had a cell and was texting! I am happy I had it after I was driving because there was more than one occasion where I needed to call for a tow, or help or directions or something.

More recently I lived with my blackberry (although in hindsight I should have immediately gone with the Iphone) attached to my hip. I slept with it next to my bed, and literally would wake up and check messages, fb, twitter and news feeds before getting up for the day. It was probably one of the most annoying habits I couldn't break.

When we moved I had to get rid of the cell. There are no cell towers in our area, so that means no service for almost an hour's drive. I am nervous about my kids being out without phones, and I don't like driving at night without one, but that's just the way it is