View Single Post
March 21st, 2013, 02:42 PM
Veteran
Well first off I can not believe I am here 39 weeks 3 days pregnant with my rainbow baby. To say it has been a rollercoaster is an understatement. I had 2 perfectly normal/uneventful pregnancies in my mid to late 20's followed by 6 unexplained miscarriages. After the sixth loss I decided I had had enough I was done and was going to be happy being a mom to 2 boys. Then surprise I found myself pregnant for the 9th time, I had some light bleeding so of course I assumed it was the start to loss number 7. I even convinced myself I didnt want to have the baby-I think it was just a coping mechanism in case I did lose it. I found the bleeding was due to a SCH, which didnt bleed itself out until I was 16 weeks. I still wasnt convinced it was really going to happen until I was over 20 weeks. At the 20 week ultrasound they noticed a possible issue with the baby's kidney development which has been monitored and found not to be an issue. Then at 28 weeks I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, which I managed to control well with diet. Over the last 3 weeks I have had a few non stress test to monitor the baby's heart rate as it had been on the very low end of normal....After all of this I am 4 days from my due date and if I do not go into labor on my own I will be induced on Monday at 40 weeks....

I know this is a rambling update, Just wanted to share a story that may give some others some hope for pregnancy after recurrent loss.
Miracle baby Ella arrived Mar 22, 2013
6 losses at 4 to 7 weeks (feb 05, July 10, Oct 10, April 11, Oct 11 Feb 2012)

No explanation for losses

Last edited by sandel07; April 1st, 2013 at 03:04 PM.