View Single Post
March 21st, 2013, 05:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't really say for sure what I would do in your situation since Eleanor is still so young, but I think that in general, kids tend to be ready for a change before we can accept that they're ready. They don't necessarily like the change while it's happening, because we all know that change is scary and that it's hard to lose something that we're comfortable with, but often if we do give them that push, it turns out they were ready and that the new normal is healthier for them. And I also think that it's easy for little ones to tell when we are really serious about something and when we are just testing something out because we're nervous it's too soon.

Like the other ladies, I don't think there is a time when something is necessarily age appropriate or not. I do think that we should listen to our own instincts, though, and it seems like a part of you feels like he is ready to move forward. I think if I were in your situation, I would pick one of the two issues and just move forward all the way.

Easier said than done, I know