View Single Post
March 21st, 2013, 06:06 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissa6213 View Post
For those of you ladies who don't mind sharing....how far along are you and how much weight have you gained? Also, howwas your weight pre-pregnancy, and what were you told was the proper amount for you to gain?

I feel like I am way, way over my mark. I started at 156lbs, and I am 5'7. Ideally, I should have only gained 25 to 35lbs. I'm 29 weeks and I have gained 40! I was 196 at the doctor's today :-( I'm worried that I may gain up to sixty, or more. Is there anything I can do to slow my weight gain a little? I drink a ton of water, and I really don't eat horribly, or any different than I did before I was pregnant. If anything I eat healthier, just more often. More fruit, more salad etc. Or is it just going to happen no matter what? Maybe I'm eating too many Oreos? I just feel gigantic.

I've found going for a walk every day has helped a lot. I eat pretty consistently healthy, but if I don't get a little activity I start packing on the pounds. But everyone's different

I started at 163 and I'm 5'10. At 28 weeks up 10 pounds, hoping to stay under 25 total this preg. I work in maternal/infant research, out of curiosity I ran the average weight gain for all mothers in our state (last 5 years)- it was 30 pounds.

Here's to healthy moms and babies- sounds like everyone is doing great!