View Single Post
March 22nd, 2013, 04:04 AM
Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Well, you're classed as full term at 37 weeks, so firstly this is not something to worry about.

It could well be a sign of baby coming sooner rather than later - BUT it varies from woman to woman. Some ladies lose their plug and go into labour within 48 hours. Some ladies lose their plug but are still pregnant 2 weeks later. Some people have very long, very slow labours where they have contractions for days and weeks before they establish a regular pattern.

With my son, I never lost my plug nor have a contraction until my water broke at 41 weeks plus. And even then nothing happened until I was induced.

With my daughter, I lost my plug around week 40, and was still pregnant and had to be induced at 42 weeks.

The best advice I can give really at this stage of pregnancy is try not to see signs in everything, because I did, and it drove me crazy. Baby will come when ready and until you have contractions that are getting closer together and establishing a regular pattern, or until your water breaks, all bets are off really.

Keep us posted!!