View Single Post
March 22nd, 2013, 07:32 AM
Hiya!
Thanks so much ladies. It helps to have other perspectives on it. It's so hard to see things objectively when it's your kid and you want to make the "right" decision.

I think, in the grand scheme of things, I don't really care about the pacifier. Teeth can be fixed and it's not hindering him in any way otherwise. I think he might be feeling some stress because of the new baby coming. And maybe that is why he is regressing. I'll revisit that when he is 4 and the baby has been here for a few months.

But I think I am gonna use lots of the ideas about potty training. Liam is fairly stubborn and I think it needs to be his decision. So I like the idea of putting the responsibility on HIM and allowing him to come to the responsibility himself. If he is physically ready, I think once he makes the decision, it will be a done deal. But i do feel like we are in the "push-pull" right now and it's not helping matters. I am going to try some of those suggestions and see if we can move forward with at least this one issue.

And thanks for reminding that society sometimes sucks I try very hard not to fall into the trap of thinking in terms of what others think. But sometimes I fall victim to it. I do feel like he is progressing pretty well and normally for his age and abilities, so I think I need to remind myself that he is just fine, even if he is a bit attached to some habits.