View Single Post
March 22nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
Julie
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoginiMomma View Post
I'm planning on breastfeeding until baby weans herself/himself or until 2ish years old. I will NOT give formula.... i don't understand why you would buy processed factory made stuff when your body makes the most perfect food for your baby naturally... and there are ways to increase supply if my boobs for any reason don't make enough. My next door neighbor's baby got deathly ill with salmonella as an infant from the formula that she was given... the mom didn't breastfeed. Most formulas are made with cow's whey and vegetable oils.... not what I want to put in a newborn.

I don't know about giving him/her bottles yet either... I suppose I probably will want the option of being away for more than 2 hours... so I will probably start pumping/giving bottles for my husband/mom to give her/him after a month or two when I'm ready to get back in yoga/the gym/need personal alone time.
It's great that you're planning to breastfeed and I hope you are successful with it. That being said, many women have problems such as inverted/flat nipples, or a baby that has difficulty latching on. A lot of women need to return to work. If she doesn't have a private office to pump in, it will be embarrassing and more difficult for her to pump during work hours. I know my sister had huge stress and anxiety and pain while breastfeeding for the first time. She stuck with it, but under her circumstances, I am not sure I would have been able to. I breastfed my last child until. Months when for some reason he juststarted refusing it. I could have just pumped at that point, but I had already gone through two pumps that broke so I didn't want to spend money on another one. I will bf for as long as the baby wants to this time, but no longer than 24 months.