View Single Post
March 22nd, 2013, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I recognize that our answers are going to reflect how we personally feel about body modification. For myself, I enjoy them and I think they can look very nice. Tattoo's, far more than piercings. But if it's something that you wouldn't like for yourself, it's understandable that you wouldn't want that for your child.

Considering the cons of having things done, one of the biggest being reputation and limiting future job prospects, I would find a tattoo in a discreet area far less of a deal than facial piercings and gauges.

We also would not allow tattoos in an area that would show while wearing a normal short sleeved shirt and slacks. We would want them to be able to look professional when needed.

I am going to begin educating them now, explaining all of the risks and stigmas associated. I know that when it comes down to it, a kid will get a tattoo if they want one. Either run out impulsively the minute they turn 18 and get something stupid (like my little brother just did), or tattoo themselves, or let one of their friends tattoo on them.

In the end, I cannot have complete control in the situation, though I can make sure that they are well informed and guide them to make a choice with minimal impact.

Thanks for your input ladies.