View Single Post
March 23rd, 2013, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It does depend. If someone is genuinely curious or mis-informed, I try to provide rational reasonable answers. If someone is dismissive and flippant but not really rude, I try to shrug it off and just say I think it was right for me.

The people who seem to be trying to discourage you from doing it, or insulting you for only doing it as an ego trip? I can get snippy. I try not to, because I know it doesn't help, but seriously. "What do you mean I don't get a trophy for it? I thought it was just taking so long because it was being engraved! Oh, man!"
"It's safer? Really? Thanks, I'll make sure the birthing center knows they've been doing it wrong."

Quote:
Originally Posted by keekopeeko View Post
Like when it comes up and you say "I'm going to try for a natural birth" and they rudely declare "oh you'll give up as soon as it gets intense!" Or "well no one likes a hero" ... That kind of thing???
Ugh, I hated hearing that.

Something along the lines of "Thanks for the vote of confidence. I guess there's only one way to find out." Really, what can you say to something like that? It's an awful thing to say to someone.