View Single Post
March 23rd, 2013, 04:37 PM
Courtney
KUP Shannon. I hope it's nothing, but it's good to trust your instincts and keep an eye on him.

I feel like a terrible mom. Lily had a dance competition this morning 2 hours away, and I couldn't go because I had to work. She woke up last night crying with ear pain too. Pretty sure it's her third ear infection of the winter. DH had to leave before 7 am this morning to get there so we dosed her up with Tylenol and DH packed the numbing drops and sent her on her way. I feel like she had a responsibility to her teammates to be at that competition since they judge them as a group. DH said she did well and the team got 3rd place. DH is at urgent care with her now, so hopefully it's just a minor ear infection.

So then I get to work and the other admin called out sick because her jaw hurt. Seriously? It's 3 weeks before the tax deadline and we are all pawning our children off to other family members to work overtime, and she couldn't show up because her jaw hurt? Funny that my 5 year old learned a lesson about being part of a team today, but this 35 year old hasn't ever had to learn it. Just a few more months and I am out of there.