View Single Post
March 23rd, 2013, 08:09 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Ever since my spotting/bleeding/followed by a D&C experience, I can't stop thinking about this. I'm frustrated by the fact that everyone always says if it's brown spotting that's a good sign, if it's old blood it's a good sign, if there's no cramping it's a good sign, if there's not enough bleeding to soak one pad per hour it's a good sign etc, etc.

Why does this frustrate me so much? Because I have experienced the harsh reality of none of these things being true. Yes, sometimes it turns out to be nothing, but sometimes it can mean the worst possible outcome.

I had brown spotting, I had no cramps at all, I did not soak a pad per hour and guess what? I still ended up losing my baby. I had what they call a 'missed miscarriage'. I've read all about it now. One of the signs is brown spotting, which turns to red spotting. My spotting was so minimal. Now I know none of that matters.

I just want to scream when I read the posts where the woman is calmed down because of her spotting and now it's finally turned brown. Thank goodness it's not red anymore??? I just want to scream, "take any and all spotting/bleeding/discharge seriously, no matter what anyone else tells you!!!"

I know if I would have paid more attention and if I would taken it seriously, I could have maybe avoided a D&C.

I'm sorry if I sound so angry right now. I just feel for all the women having to go through this!