View Single Post
March 24th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What IS a "Good Thing"? There are no guarantees in this business. I had NO SPOTTING or CRAMPING. NOTHING. We went into a routine 2nd trimester U/S thinking everything was fine. We walked out sobbing.

The problem is, no one knows anything about what is happening inside their or your body - whether you are talking about your brain, your organs, your limbs or your uterus. And anyone who says "Oh I'm sure Everything is JUST FINE." is saying that to make themselves more comfortable with the fact that they know SQUAT.

And I'm sorry I'm not more positive, but spotting, bleeding, cramping or whatever - during pregnancy doesn't mean good or bad and if it means something bad, there isn't anything anyone can do about it. Which makes it that much worse. We are completely in the dark and completely powerless.

I'm sorry you had to go through the D&C, but whether you contacted your OB the minute you started spotting or waited 2 weeks, most likely you would have had the D&C either way. The D&C is to protect you, and in this country (I'm not sure where you are) most OBs perform a D&C after 10 wks, 8 wks if it's not a first loss.

Either way, it sucks. It just plain sucks. No one can take away the pain. No one can give a reasonable explanation. I hate that. I want LOGIC. I want it to make sense. And it doesn't. And I'm sorry for you and all the wonderful women who are here trying to make sense out of something that should simply never happen.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013