View Single Post
March 24th, 2013, 11:46 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I'm so sorry for your loss. I had my D&C 8 days ago and yesterday I think I finally stopped spotting. Somehow this fact actually makes me feel better as in there isn't a constant reminder of everything that has happened. Does that even make sense? This is my first time going through all of this so I don't know exactly what happens after all of this. From what I can tell a lot of women get their first AF about a month after their D&C. There are different versions of how quickly one can start to ttc again...somewhere between 1 and 3 months. I have gone back and forth about this a million times. One second I want to ttc right away and then come the thoughts, "Can I go through this again? Or something worse? Do I want to take that risk?" etc, etc. I have come to the conclusion that I am in no way capable to make a decision like that right now. I do think I will need a few months to heal from all of this.

I know just how you are feeling right now and I'm so sorry you have to deal with this It's just not fair! Anyone who has never gone through this has no idea what it really feels like. I know all about how empty you feel and it's heartbreaking, I know! I just have to keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason, my baby is in a better place, one day I will be with my baby again....

It has helped me a lot to read up about having a miscarriage, being here on JM, befriending others who have had a loss etc. All of this makes me not feel as alone. For the first few days, every 5 minutes I would have a different emotion - sadness, heartbreak, frustration, anger, etc. It's all normal having those feelings.

We are all here for you anytime you need to vent, cry etc.

Sending you lots of HUGS!!!

Last edited by islandbaby; March 24th, 2013 at 11:48 AM.