View Single Post
March 24th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Veteran
Oh hang in there hun! Like the other ladies said, soon it will be your turn too, our turn.

I too avoid family gathering because my cousin just had a baby a few months ago. I try not to be jealous but i can't help it. We are the only two grand daughters in my family and i am definitely feeling the pressure. My DF and i have been trying but it is hard since he has been away since august and only visited 2 or three times since. At christmas everyone was saying how simple it is to get pregnant, even tho they know my other cousin's wife had a hard time. I feel they are a bit insensitive. My DF almost took me out of the room last time cause he felt i was about to start crying.

I am probably gonna skip Easter, i feel bad about it but i was holding onto the fact that DF and are engaged and felt that at least i had that but i learnt last week that my cousin is not only a new mom but she just got engaged. I don't feel like having to deal with all of that, DF agrees. I know i am being selfish but i feel that it is what is best for me.

I say try to make you feel good. It is hard enough as it is. I am sure your SIL will be stoked for you when it happens, and so you should probably try to go once in a while to family gatherings but don't push yourself if you don't feel up to it and don't put the weight of it all on your shoulders.

My Ovulation Chart