View Single Post
March 25th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Loving every minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvanderp View Post
I have had an abortion when I was a bit younger, although I am still in my early 20's. It was the most difficult and heart wrenching/scaring thing I have ever done. God puts children on this earth and I truly believe it. Its not the babies fault that the father is an idiot. As long as he/she has you as a mom, thats all that matters. This baby will truly be a blessing and I can tell you that if you have an abortion you WILL regret it.. Best of luck.

I am very sorry you had an abortion that you struggle with to this day. I can't imagine how that must feel.

While I also believe that God puts children on this earth, he also puts the power in our hands to make decisions.

I really get bothered when people say "as long as a child has a mom, that's all that matters."

Why is a father so unimportant? Why do we have this belief that a baby just needs a mom? I'm not saying that a mom can't raise a child on her own, I just think that having a mom and a dad is a really important thing for a child, and it's something that needs to be looked at as important. Of course if the father in question is going to bring a toxic relationship to the child, one has to balance whether that relationship is worth it or not.

Not everyone regrets abortion, and not everyone has the same religious views, So telling the OP that she *WILL* regret the abortion or that God will look down upon her is really irrelevant. It's just guilting her into the decision you think is right based on your beliefs.

I still stand by my earlier post on this matter.