View Single Post
March 25th, 2013, 02:11 PM
DOh!
I'm usually already awake and working, having not gone to bed, when they get up. The kids get up whenever they feel like it and get breakfast. They get to work on stuff they can do by themselves, which is surprisingly quite a bit. I help and instruct where needed. At some point, we work on Science, which is all done together. Usually by the time lunch rolls around, their work is done and they have the afternoon to do whatever they want. Unless of course we have something that requires more work or something. In that case we do it after lunch. Sometimes our Science lessons are done like that.
They have whatever is left of the afternoon and evening to do whatever they want. Usually, they spend it outside. After dinner and before bed, they have to get the stuff ready for the next day. This way, when they're tired, and probably don't really want to do work in the morning, it's already set out for them, saving them some steps.
We watch movies, listen to music, play games, etc...until bedtime. They go to bed whenever they get tired. They did have a bedtime, but something interrupted that a while back. Now we've gotten used to "sleep when you're tired, be awake, up and about, when you're not". It's working quite well for us, despite what people might think of it, lol.

During the day when I'm not helping them, I'm usually working, or doing household stuff. Depends entirely on the day. No two days are ever the same in this house, lol.