View Single Post
March 26th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
When I was probably about 10 or 11 I started having these terrible reoccurring nightmares that quickly turned into night terrors. At the time I was being raised Christian and I remember becoming fanatically devoted to it because of the nightmares. I would pray 4 or 5 times a day and read the Bible front to back. I just *knew* the night terrors were the Devil trying to get to me because I had been a bad kid so I had to repent. I understand now that the night terrors were due to my PTSD from years of mental, physical and sexual abuse. But the fact that a child so young would have thoughts like the Devil was out to get her because she'd been bad is just wrong and it's sad that many churches encourage that sort of thought process. The fact that many Christians use fear to attempt to convert people is what scares me.

There's nothing that spooks me about my current path. I'm completely comfortable here.

As for a spiritual leader that spooks the crap out of me? Warren Jeffs and Fred Phelps, without question.