Topic: blood type
View Single Post
March 26th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am O- ...I have heard about this before diet vs blood type thing but never really thought too much about it but i find this interesting

"Characteristics of Type O - Best on High Protein Diet
Thrive on intense physical exercise and animal proteins
Do not do well with dairy and grain products
Hardy digestive tract
The leading factor in weight gain for Type Os is the gluten found in wheat germ and whole wheat products.
Type O have a tendency to have low levels of thyroid hormone and unstable thyroid functions, which cause metabolic problems and weight gain.
Type O have high stomach-acid content, can digest meat easily."

some seems true for me some not...I do thrive on exercise, I feel completely healthier with it, but I would think everyone would! I don't not have a hardy digestive tract but maybe that's because I eat gluten? I have considered cutting it out because I have some GI issues and I am type 1 diabetic so less grains equals less insulin needs....my thyroid is fine per labs and ultrasound but I have autoimmune diabetes, the 2 generally go hand in hand.....I def do not do well with dairy I can agree with that. I drink coffee which probably isn't good for anyone but I like it LOL and I also love brussel sprouts and caulifllower and never see an ill effect.

The gluten thing is worth investigating to me simply because of my GI issues and because sometimes I just feel sluggish after eating high amts of it.