View Single Post
March 26th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Regular
Keakie wrote

Quote:
In none of your posts did you state that there are organizations that give out certifications for "only a high school diploma as far as formal education goes (plus apprenticeship-style experience, assessments and exams)". You stated that they gave out certifications for "only a high school diploma". I believe that your statement is false, and deliberately misleading.
My two statements that you could be possibly referring to are these:

"I've heard that some women with only a highschool education are passing themselves off as midwives, when they don't have any ability to deal with complications. "

and

"However, there is a certification out there for mid-wives that have only a high-school education, and I was alarmed when I learned about that."

Perhaps this is an example of how things can be misunderstood on the internet. By saying someone has "only a highschool education", I thought it was obvious that I was referring to someone who does not have any advanced degrees, not even an associates degree (which typically requires two years at an accredited university in the USA) or a bachelors degree (which typically requires four years). Clearly you misunderstood what I meant. I was not being deliberately misleading, and my information was not false...the link to the NARM website confirms that the only formal education requirement for a CPM is a high school diploma or its equivalent.