Topic: Tithing
View Single Post
March 26th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Super Mommy to be
I get what you are saying and agree we should give our time and talents etc not just money... but as far as a 'tenth'...that is what tithe means, a tenth..

mmmm, so I was just doing the math, if we had to only give 10% of our time that works out to about 2.5 hours a day, right? I bet if we spent an hour in the morning, 2- 15 minute intervals through out the day and an hour before bed at night our days would go a lot smoother... I'm talking to myself here not preaching to anyone...

Of course I pray mornings and nights and throughout the day and go to church thru the week and have choir practices and so forth but could always make more time to read the Bible and pray....

back to the monetary tithing I think the church is the gospel spreading effort, so in my case I tithe to my home church and also the community churches when they have special services to assist with the cost of bringing in the ministers etc... Although God wants us to help the needy, the poor, and do kind acts our main call is to win souls for Christ and to help spread the Good News. It's definitely one of my ways of giving back to God.
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins